Depending on the weather, your slime may arrive stiff or melted.
You can find easy fixes for these problems below!
- Poke your slime with one finger to make sure it isn't too sticky.
- Make activator before attempting to touch your slime.
- Wash your hands before touching slime (slime will leave a residue on dirty hands).
- Play with slime on or over a clean table.
- Handle slime quickly so it doesn't stick to your hands.
- Have fun and get creative! There is no wrong way to play with slime.
HOW TO MAKE & USE ACTIVATOR:
Use activator if you feel like your slime is too sticky or runny.
How much you add is your own personal preference!
- Add 1 tsp borax to 1 cup of warm water.
- Mix solution until the borax dissolves.
- Add solution to slime in VERY VERY SUPER SMALL AMOUNTS.
- Knead slime until smooth.
ADDING TOO MUCH ACTIVATOR → RUBBERY SLIME
NOT ADDING ENOUGH ACTIVATOR → SLIME WILL REMAIN STICKY
hard → If it's cold out, your slime may be stiff. Warming it up with your hands will help. If it's still too hard you can try adding clear glue or white glue.
Remember: slime naturally melts over time!
sticky → Add activator in small amounts! Knead any lumps out of your slime until it's smooth.
still sticky → Not all slimes are meant to be holdable! Some slimes are meant to be played with on surfaces. You can also try poking and handling it quickly.
CARING FOR YOUR SLIME:
Slime has a limited life span.
It's normal for slime to shrink and deflate over time!
- Wash your hands before touching your slime to reduce the dirt/dust caught in your slime.
- Always keep your slime in it's container when you're not playing with it to prevent it from drying out.
- Reactivate it frequently! It's difficult to activate slime that has completely melted.
- Store in a cool place that's out of the sun.